Oktoberfest is nothing but one of the most expected beer festival not only in Germany but all over the world. Are you fan of beer? Do you love drinking beer? If you do, this article is for you as it provide some of the most interesting facts about one of the world’s biggest beer festival.
- Oktoberfest actually starts in September!
- There is no cost to enter the festival grounds or a beer tent.
- The first Oktoberfest was held in 1810.
- 6 million people attend Oktoberfest each year.
- Nearly 7 million litres of beer will be consumed during Oktoberfest. That’s almost 2 million gallons. Alot, but an average of one beer per visitor.
- Drunk patrons who have passed out due to the higher than usual alcohol content are called Bierleichen, beer corpses in German.
- The beer tents have seats for 100,000 people. You must (usually) be seated to order a beer! (there’s only one beer tent that has a standing zone where you can order).
- The drinking age in Germany for beer is 16.
- It takes two months to setup the festival and one month to disassemble it.
- Visitors will consume more roasted chickens then sausages!
- The first glass beer mug was used at Oktoberfest in 1892.
- The world record was set by Anita Schwarz for carrying 19 full beer steins.
- All beer sold at Oktoberfest is brewed within the city limits of Munich.
Source: funtober.com See also: