Giraffe Jokes and Interesting Facts About Giraffesmarria
Funny and jokes about Giraffes. Interesting facts about Giraffes
John strolls into a bar with a giraffe and they sit down on two stools at the front and the guy says to the bartender,” Two beers please bartender.” The bartender pours them two beers and the giraffe grabs his and drinks it down in one go, and his mate follows suit. John then says again, “Another two beers please bartender.” The bartender pours two more beers and once again the giraffe necks his and his friend does likewise. This goes on for a fair while with the giraffe and his companion downing beer after beer after beer. The two have had about 12 beers each when the guy looks over at the giraffe who is starting to wobble on his stool……his wobbling gets worse and worse and eventually he just passes out and falls backwards off the stool onto the floor. John looks at him and then gets up off his stool and starts walking out of the bar. The bartender then yells at the guy as he is leaving, “OY…you can’t leave that lyin’ there.” John looks at the giraffe and then replies, “That’s not a lion that’s a giraffe,” and walks out.
funny pictures of Giraffe
- The Latin name for the giraffe is Giraffa camelopardilas, which reflects the idea of a camel with leopard spots. Their natural habitat is the savannah of Africa where they can grow to 20ft tall. If you think about it, that must put some load on their heart to pump blood to that height.
- When in a group, they can be referred to as a ‘tower of giraffes’. Other collective nouns include a corps of giraffes and more commonly, a herd of giraffes.
- Male giraffes are called bulls and the females are cows.
- Young giraffes are called calves, although some people call them cubs. Within an hour of birth these babies are able to walk with their mothers. Amazingly, these calves are as tall as the average person.
- If you ever see live giraffes, then the first surprise is how graceful they are; despite their long legs and neck, they glide over the ground. To prevent them tripping over their own legs, when they run, the front legs land inside the hind legs. Still pictures of giraffes don’t do justice to their athletic movement in nature.
- Just as we humans all have distinct faces, so giraffes all have distinct markings or patterns.
- Watch for the neck, giraffes show their emotions by the position of their head, submissive – near the horizontal; aggressive, standing tall. It strikes me as one of the wonders of nature how their hearts can pump blood all the way up to their heads.
- Let us correct some mis-conceptions about giraffes: a) Giraffes can lie down b) They only have the same NUMBER of neck vertebrae as other mammals – 7. c) Giraffes are NOT mute. They converse in grunts, but also by sound outside the human hearing range. d) Their ‘horns’ are really bony protuberances covered with skin and are true horns like cattle.