A range of interesting facts on food and nutritionmarria
Wondering what’s interesting about food and nutrition you use everyday? What foods are popular around the world? Is it true that cooked vegetables can be more nutritious than raw ones? These questions and much more others will be fully answered in the article which is a wide range of interesting and fun facts on food and nutrition.
Top interesting facts about food
1. Each parts of the world have their own local cuisine. The diets and general food habits of various cultures depend on social, religious, economic and safety factors as well as the availability of various foods.
2. Ortharexia Nervosa is an eating disorder where the sufferer is obsessed with eating healthy food.
3. Ketchup was used as a medicine in the 1800s to treat diarrhea, among other things.
4. Apples, pears, cherries and strawberries are all members of the rose family.
5. To make jelly beans shiny, shellac is used, which is made from Kerria lacca insect excretions.
6. Cutting onions releases a gas which causes a stinging sensation when it comes into contact with your eyes. Your body produces tears to dilute the irritant and remove it from your eyes.
7. If you want to speed up the ripening of a pineapple, so that you can eat it faster, then you can do it by standing it upside down (on the leafy end).
8. In the United States, lettuce is the second most popular fresh vegetable.
9. One fast food hamburger may contain meat from 100 different cows.
10. Around 8% of children and 2% of adults have some kind of food allergy, this occurs when the body’s immune system incorrectly assumes a certain food protein is harmful and attacks it. Common examples of food allergies include reactions to peanuts, gluten and shellfish.